3 tbsp medium curry powder
1 tbsp garam masala
1.5 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp ground ginger
3 tbsp hot chilli powder
400ml can coconut milk
250ml chicken stock
6 garlic cloves
2 large brown onions (diced)
2 small aubergines
1 heaped tbsp. brown sugar (or caster sugar)
salt & pepper
pack of chicken (I used thighs)
1 bag baby spinach
serve with rice
- Preheat oven to 180°.
- Heat large frying pan. Add all spices & cook dry for ~3 minutes, then add oil to pan.
- Season chicken pieces with salt & pepper then add to pan, making sure to cover them in the spices. Fry off for 5-8 minutes or until they start browning.
- Transfer to a large pot.
- Add chopped garlic and onion to the pan, fry for ~3 mins then transfer to the pot.
- Next, add the chopped aubergine and fry in the remaining spices until soft & browned (~5 minutes), then add to the pot.
- Add coconut milk and chicken stock to the pot, mix well.
- Cook in the oven for ~50 mins.
- Toast cashew nuts in a pan (no oil) ~4 mins. Set aside to sprinkle on top of curry with fresh coriander.
- Take the curry out of the oven, stir in brown sugar, spinach and coriander then serve with rice.