Based on Nigella Lawson’s recipe for Turkish eggs.
150g greek yoghurt
1 garlic clove, crushed
splash of white wine vinegar
knob of butter
1 tbsp olive oil
½ tbsp. chilli flakes
½ tbsp. hot paprika
pinch of fresh dill
- Crush a garlic clove into the yoghurt and season with salt. Mix then set aside.
- Melt butter in a pan over low heat, remove from heat then add the chilli flakes, paprika and olive oil. Mix then set aside.
- Boil lightly salted water in a pan with a splash of white wine vinegar.
- Crack an egg into a small cup, then pour carefully into the boiling water, leave to poach for 3-4 minutes.
- Remove the egg from the water, dry on some tissue then serve on top of the yoghurt. Pour over the chilli butter and top with fresh dill.