6 bell peppers
2 onions, diced
6 large cloves of garlic
500g freezer sweetcorn, defrosted
3 heaped tbsp smoked paprika
1 tbsp chilli flakes
2 chicken/veg stock cubes + 500ml water
large bunch fresh coriander, chopped
300ml soured cream
salt & pepper
- Grill peppers until they start to char on both sides (flip them over half-way).
- Transfer peppers to a large bowl and cover with cling-film until they cool.
- Add a glug of olive oil to a large saucepan and fry the chopped onions and garlic on a low heat until they brown.
- Add peppers, once cooled along with any liquid that has collected in the bowl, to the saucepan, followed by salt, pepper, chilli flakes and smoked paprika.
- After the spices and seasoning has combined, add the chicken or veggie stock, followed by most of the bag of frozen sweetcorn. Leave to boil for 10-15 minutes with a lid on.
- Add soured cream and coriander.
- After a few more minutes begin blending with a hand blender until all the big chunks have been reduced.
- Add the remaining sweetcorn.
- Serve with a garnish of coriander/dollop of soured cream.
Mix it up: serve with a topping of crispy bacon lardons…yummmmm!