To make the risotto follow my black garlic & wild mushroom risotto recipe, here.
Risotto (see above, or use another recipe)
Small bowl of breadcrumbs
1 egg, beaten
Small bowl of flour
- After the risotto has cooled, roll into golf-ball sized balls.
- Take a small chunk of cheese and push it into the centre of the risotto ball, moulding the rice around it so it is hidden in the centre.
- Put the beaten egg, breadcrumbs and flour into separate bowls. Season the breadcrumbs with salt & pepper.
- Dip each arancini ball into the flour, then the egg, then into the breadcrumbs, ensuring they are fully coated by each mixture.
- Put a pan on low heat and fill with ~0.5cm olive oil. When it is hot, place the arancini into the pan, making sure not to overcrowd them.
- Fry for ~6 minutes, turning often. (Alternatively you can deep-fry for 2-3 minutes).
- Serve with a side salad and a balsamic glaze.