1 onion, diced
whole bulb garlic, crushed & diced
3 aubergines, cubed
1 tbsp tomato puree
1 can chopped tomatoes
2 heaped tbsp. dried mint
1 heaped tbsp. smoked paprika
1 tsp cayenne pepper
salt & cracked black pepper
- Preheat the oven to 180° C.
- Chop aubergines into cubes. Mix in a bowl with a large glug of olive oil and a generous amount of salt and cracked black pepper then roast in the oven for 45 minutes until soft, tossing half-way through.
- Add olive oil to a pan, fry the chopped onions & diced garlic on a low heat until they start to brown.
- Add the roasted aubergines, followed by the smoked paprika, cayenne, mint and tomato puree, and fry together for 5 minutes.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for a further 10-15 minutes.
- Add more salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with couscous.